Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pinoy Food Trip in Clark!

In order for me to show you that despite all the fine dining restaurants that I feature here in my blog, that I still do eat in restaurants that well....hmmm...not sure what the classification of this place falls into so I will just describe to you my experience with a road trip I recently took in Pampanga.

We took the family bus and when I say bus, I mean a tourist bus with 36 seats, a chiller and dvd/tv player. With so many family members, it really does come in useful when you have a big family like I do.



I slept most of the way and when the bus stopped, I was shocked to see where we had parked. LURINGS Barbeque House it was called. I am not being snooty but seriously, I haven't eaten in a place like this in...in...hmmm...I can't even remember. But because I thought it was interesting to blog about, I happily fell in line to what seemed to me like a buffet but it turned out to be a "turo-turo". For my foreign readers, it is something that you point to the waitress behind the counter and she will heat it up and serve it on your table. Turo means point.







Anyway, I made turo-turo the dish that I found interesting and went back to sit. Now, I have to first describe to you the dining area. It was scorching hot, despite 10 fans all over the place, so yes, it was not air conditioned. The floor was just cement and it was by the road which was a bit noisy when a bus or truck would pass by. There were colorful decorations that made the place look festive which kinda worked in my opinion but basically, it is VVEERRRYYYY far from the restaurants that I have gotten used to. See for yourself.




Now, Filipino cuisine is really not a favorite of mine but picking the food was like shopping! I felt that I can just go "This one, that one, and this and that over there!" Just like I would do when I shop for shoes. Of course it wasn't quite the same since the total bill for all the food that fed 20 people was only P2,500 (US$61). Amazing huh?











What we didn't order because for me, it scared me. The look, the taste, the unhealthiness of it and where it came from!!!

Pork intestines deep fried.


Pork intestines in sauce.


Snails.


So there, for the people who like to call me spoiled and princess-like, I too can get down and dirty and eat with my hands if the situation calls for it. I can hike a dirty trail and I did! Three times to Taal Volcano, which was not pretty, the trail I mean. It won't be soon before I do this kind of food trip again but it was still fun. The food? Hmm...well, it wasn't all that great but the experience still deserves a spot in my blog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

mare, bbq looks good!! and the snails!! yummyyyy!!! And the chicharon bulaklak!! hellooo!!!

Candifier said...

Hay nako sis, I want to be a vegetarian na! :)

Anonymous said...

I found this post to be a little funny, especially the way you say you haven't eaten in such a place in a long time. By the way, the food looked good. I would have to agree on not eating the intestines though.

Candifier said...

Yes, well, the place was not really my cup of tea. That's probably the last time I will see Luring.

Anonymous said...

Your Family Bus only have 36 seats? lol

You got a family train too?

Candifier said...

yeah, thinking of upgrading to a 48 seater to accomodate the pets. :)

Anonymous said...

thats is so cool..your own family bus!

Candifier said...

It is cool. But we only use it when it is long distance driving. That way we save on gas.