Sunday, April 27, 2008

Before Sunset in Cebu.



This is what I am talking about. I am taking my snootiness to another level by having a 3 day stay at Shangri-la Mactan, Cebu. I have been to Cebu before but I have never stayed in this hotel and I can slap myself silly for not doing so. This is so far, the best resort hotel I have EVER EVER EVER been. I am still suffering from my sunburn but already, I am planning to a trip back to this paradise.

Check out the burn. I cannot sleep, I cannot be touched that even my hair falling on my shoulders is torture and I will do it all over again if I have to. That is how much I enjoyed my stay at Shangri-la Mactan.


Anyway, to tell you, my 11 official readers about my trip to Cebu, I have decided to post it as a travel log. If you plan to go to Mactan, I say, take my advice on what to do to maximize your stay. Firstly, book your stay in Shangri-la Mactan. Secondly, buy your complete set of KAMISETA luggage! It is the best!!!!


April 25, 8:00 am, The Snooty Gang.


There's a shuttle from the airport to the resort. It is best to avail of their shuttle instead of booking airport transfers from Manila. It is half the price. P300.00/person two way transfer.

We checked in around 11:00 am, our flight was delayed. Cebu Pacific, go figure. We were starving.

11:30 am. Tides restaurant offers a noodle station, Japanese, Indian, Korean, a carving station and dessert buffet. To be honest, I have had better buffet here in Manila but nothing beats their breaded fish!! Oh so yummy! P1,444.20 (taxes included)










1:30 pm, it was time to check out the place. From Tides, I would go directly to the Big Mama Pool. There are 2 so I have to label them. The BMP has watersports in it like basketball and water polo. For the kids, it has a water canon which looked like a lot of fun.


I would spend a good 2 hours here, lay out and work on your tan, hopefully more careful than me.









2:00 pm. We headed to the beach to burn our skins even more. The great thing about the beach front is that as soon as you step into the water, there are hundred of fish swimming around waiting to be fed. The staff will give you bread for the feeding and I spent a good 30 minutes doing just that. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long because we had to get ready for the Town and Country launch.












The Little Mermaids.



Now, if you do not have an event to attend to in the evening, I suggest that after the beach, you go to Buko Bar for mirienda. It is a great looking place by the BMP to have your snacks and coffee or fruit shakes.





After the T&C event, we had to get some shut eye for our big adventure the next day, BOHOL!

No comments: