Thursday, September 11, 2008

RAJO RED-y, Get Set, Go!!!!

You have to be Filipino to know the first part of this blog, but I do hope that you will get the point.

In the Philippines, we have Ms. Sharon Cuneta. She is known as our MEGASTAR. Here she is wearing our earrings. (Mega Magazine)


We have the CONCERT KING, Martin Nievera.


The DIAMOND STAR is Ms. Maricel Soriano.


Now, I grew up with this fact and until now, 25 years after, I still can't forget these titles that the Flippers love to tag celebrities with.

After watching and participating in Rajo Red last Sept. 9, 2008 at the Makati Shangri-la Hotel, I have now officially tagged Mr. Rajo Laurel as the GALA GURU.

I have been to countless of fashion shows in this country and I have to say that there is nothing like the Rajo Red Gala. If you were invited and didn't go, you suck. If you paid and didn't go, you are sucker. If you went, then join me in calling the others suckers. (BWA HA HA) I am so evil I can feel it.

Anyway, the entrance alone was something else. Huge lit up sketches of Rajo's designs welcomed the guests. Cocktails were passed around constantly and generously. If I were an alcoholic, it would be my heaven. The stage is ultra modern. None of those cheap plywood ramps that I often see. This was fiber glass all the way around with lights beaming through. The backdrop was amazing that you can only really appreciate it if you hadn't been a sucker. (CKYAP is exempted of course. Her baby was confined.)



So let me start with the food. To be able to feed a thousand people, the sit down menu was very good. Service was fast and the food was delicious. Even Cheffie thinks that the dessert was good. That must mean it is REALLY yummy. (hihihi)

Not sure if anyone had been inconvenienced with their seating arrangements but I think that the organizers were efficient and
friendly.

So far so good right? But first, let me show you the food. 3-course menu. Simple, fast and oh so delish. No need for 5 course as people don't eat much anyway in these kinds of events.





After dinner, because I didn't really get a good seat as I was in the corner, (sniff sniff) I had to move to the center to get my shots.

Rajo used Jul B. Dizon Jewellery for his brides and even if I was up front, I was 100% confident that my posies in the backstage will take care of everything. To Anne, couldn't have done it without you. Thanks!

The stage alone made the heart beat double time with anticipation. The music was classy and each one really worked well with the models walk, clothes and even the color of the stage changed with every entrance. Truly magnificent. (CAR, you really should have gone. Pity that you missed it! Next time I will submit a letter to GR 2 months before the event so that he will allow you to go. )





To be continued......

No comments: