Monday, September 29, 2008

Michael Schumacher is to Maco Shoemaker.

With all the shoe stores in the country....the malls that carry the imported brands and locally made shoes, what else is there for a woman to ask for? As I had previously blogged about, shoes do not have to be super ouchy on the pocket for it to look fabulous.

But when Maco comes my way, of course I had to order and try out. Maco Custodio is a young man who has come to love the art of making shoes that create a stir when worn. He came to the store with his molds and begins to measure my feet. He then shows me the swatches of leather, snake skin, patent and even the color of wood.

After 2 months (yeah it takes that long to create something magnificent, I can totally relate because sometimes, we take longer when making jewelry), he comes to my store holding 2 boxes that are to die for on its own.

The packaging is truly personalized. I cannot stress that enough. It has my name, the material he used, the size and the code. For the mold that he used for me, only 6 people in this world have it. With my color combination, I stand alone. Are you dying of envy now?


As I slip my new baby on, I feel the like Cinderella...suddenly, my whole look changes from drab to fab! The shoes are so sexy and hot that it actually makes me feel like someone turned off the AC in the room. (wink wink)

Anyway...the shoes are about $130.00. But that depends on what kind of material you choose for Maco to work with. I chose red snake skin and black patent. I have always loved red and black together. I know you are dying to see it so here it is.





For my other pair, I chose a hue of gold/bronze. This will go very well with the yellow gold jewellery that I have become fond of wearing lately. Gold is the color of wealth. Not green as some people might think. Since I can't afford a snake skin bag yet, I opted to put a little bit of it on my shoes. Maco mixed it with black suede leather and a silk ribbon to add a little bit of a girly touch to it.

Check out my Gold Digging shoes! Don't you just dig it? (Bwa ha ha ha)





Perhaps I am a late bloomer but lately, I find myself loving shoes.


Another bonus about having your shoes personalized is that Maco Custodio is super duper schmooperly nice and kind. Here he is...can't even look into the camera because he is shy.


I have always believed in the Filipino talent. I can truly see that Maco has a great future in the shoe business because he is meticulous and hands on with his work. Bravo Maco!

7 comments:

Venisse said...

I love!!! Can I meet him?

Candifier said...

For more information about Maco,
please visit his multiply account.

http://shoesbymacocustodio.multiply.com/

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Uhhhhh...I promised myself I'd lay off buying shoes for a while but these are simply gorgeous! Sono belle scarpe!

-D (ICL Member)

Rumples said...

Hi!

Found your blog while searching for Maco's shoes online. I absolutely love his creations! A limited edition style is available in my store, Almost Famous, in Fort Bonifacio. Hope you can drop by one of these days. :)

xx,
Rumples

complicated girl said...

wow! i've seen him in QTV once. his designs were featured in the show of Lucy the sweet life. Really cool shoes. very talented man.

tc candy!

girl named shai said...

check out maco's work on fit & fab, qtv 11 this coming wednesday, 10:15 pm after news on q! :)

(and yes, he is super duper shy and super duper nice. adorable kid!)

Anonymous said...

Very good stuff..