Monday, October 1, 2007

Philippine Tatler Ball 2007


Event: 6th Philippine Tatler Ball
Venue: Makati Shangrila Hotel
Date and time: September 29. 2007, 6:30 pm
Attire: Formal
Sponsors: Lucerne, Nokia, HSBC, Moet & Chandon



It was hectic with a capital H-ay nako......(a big sigh). Saturday, I arrived from HK at 4 pm, went straight to Rajo for my dress, then to Rockwell to Solea for my shoes and then to Peninsula for my hair. It was another photo finish for me which is already becoming a ritual whenever I have an event to attend to. Luckily, I have Rajo to take care of me and my beautiful Tita Naty who lent me her hand bag because I didn't even have time to go home, not that I have anything better than what she lent me but gosh, how grateful I am to have you people in my life. Muah! Muah! Muah!



Aside from the overflowing red and white wine and not so overflowing champagne, it was the friends that I saw there that made this night special. All of them beautiful and bejewelled. I for one wore an antique Indian made necklace that has about 25 carats of diamonds and a bangle with rubies also with 25 carats worth of diamonds. The necklace has a matching pair of earrings but according to Rajo, I need not wear the earrings but luckily, just an hour ago, I had sold the set to one of my favorite clients.



It was hard to eat the P1,500++ meal they prepared because you could not even sit for a straight hour to finish your meal before you have to stand and greet a friend across the room. A lot of beso beso and wide smiles were exchanged and by the time I got back to my seat, the meal was cold. So best thing to do in times like this is to guzzle up all the champagne you can drink and go to North Park for some hot noodle soup (P80.00 or US$1.70) after the event.


Gigi Bautista and Associates was the coordinator for this ball and what a great job they had done too. There was a harpist who greeted the guests at the main entrance but honestly, I didn't hear a single note. Such a waste. "Dreamgirls" songs were performed by Divas Isay Alvarez, Bituin Escalante and Lani Misalucha's sister (will get her name for you). After the presentation, Spirit of '67 made the crowd get on their dancing shoes to boogie on down with a couple of songs rendered by beautiful host, Pops Fernandez.


Puey Quinones created these ultra chic gowns of Chichos and Xeng Zulueta.

Your bloggerina with Junie Rodriguez and Leah Puyat.

GM of The Peninsula Manila, Mr. David Batchelor looking dashing and oh so stunning wife, Marilu Batchelor.

Srdjan Mendoza, Puey Quinones and friend looking great in their tux.

How I miss this guy! Friend and former GM of EDSA Shangri-la and Makati Shangri-la Hotel respectively, Jarlath Lynch graced the occasion and everyone was selfish to have him by their side, including me!

My beloved Naty Pappas wearing Italian brocade by Rajo Laurel and Marissa Concepcion looking magnificent in a Randy Ortiz creation.

Former Ms. Universe, Gloria Diaz.

Me trying to sweet talk into getting a free air conditioner with Jose Concepcion Jr.

Anton San Diego, Pops Fernandez, Jarlath Lynch and Joy Wasmer.

Popsie and Candy.

Srdjan Mendoza looking handsome in a Bergamo tux.

Puey Quinones in a one of a kind tux by Bergamo with his own finishing touches.

The happy gang of Junie, Leah, Anton, Tessa and Dennis Valdez and yours truly.

No comments: