Saturday, October 6, 2007

Metro Society Boogies on Down with Motown!


Event: Metro Society
Venue: EDSA Shangri-la Hotel
Date and Time: October 5, 2007, 8 pm
Sponsors: HSBC Premier, EDSA Shangri-la Hotel, Samsung

It was fun. I have been to quite a number of events just these past weeks and I was tired of the same old thing. This party was rocking. Motown was the theme and people really took time to dress for the occasion with afro wigs, bell bottoms, psychedelic printed clothes and baby doll dresses.

There was a show where Drag Divas performed songs (lip sync) of Tina Turner, Supremes and music from the movie Dream Girls. After that, it was on to the dancing floor to a mix of 60's to 80's music. Celebrities such as Dawn Zulueta, Carmi Martin, Diether Ocampo (my crush) and others whom I probably did not see was there to see the action.




The spread was a mixture of Filipino, Japanese and Chinese cocktail food. Pork sate, dimsum, siopao, spring rolls, sushi and roast beef carving fed the Motown babies. There were drinks to make us all happy but most of all, it's the company that made this event fun. Check it out!






And now the guests...Anton, Leah and Steffie.

Ferdie and your bloggerina.

Puey, Dennis and Jojie cutting the rug with their dancing skills.

My GM, David Batchelor and super lovely wife, Marilu. By the way, for those who know DB, I made him dance a bit. I know, I am so proud of myself. What an accomplishment.

Hotties!

Diether and I in a very tight embrace....(haha, yeah right, I wish!)

Mia Borromeo, Steffie Chong with yours truly.

Emi Jorge and Xeng Zulueta.

Steffie, Leah, Puey and Bench model.

My drinking buddy introduced me to Margarita with salt on the rim. I used to hate this drink but now, it's kinda nice. Thanks SJ for taking my alcohol intake to a new level.

A cool lounge outside the ballroom, Steffie and SJ resting their feet.

SJ, SC and CD.

EDSA Shang's RM, Ms. Vanessa Suatengco looking marvelous.

Christopher Chia who amazed me with his friendly attitude. Most hotel guys are stuck up. (hihi)

Lorraine Belmonte, Steffanie Chong and Puey Quinones.

Food and Beverage Director of EDSA Shang, Mr. Markus Christ.

Tessa in a red feathery get up and me loving all the RED!

Cutie and JM.

Larry Le Viste went all out with his costume...or is this his daily outfit?

Louie Cruz totally stood out!


Another event done. Now, with the Holidays approaching, 2,000,001 more to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish i could have joined you Candy! I'm a huge Motown fan!

Looks like you had fun :)