Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mama Mia NAIA!

It's a sad sad thing. We pay P750.00 each for airport tax and there are about 20,000 passengers (or more) each day that goes through NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) and with all that money coming in, who knows where it all goes.

My mother was against me putting this blog up because it will give the country a bad image to foreigners who might chance upon my site, but I cannot help it. The few photos I am about to post are things that anyone would see without having to make an effort. They are in plain view for all to see and will serve as the last few memories of foreigners and locals (who aren't taking Philippine Airlines) of the country.

So, sorry mom but I must do this because I hope, just hope that somebody with authority can do something about this shameful thing.

This cubicle was open for all to see that it is under repair. Not only did it smell, the floor was wet with God knows what....


There was probably a fire drill a few days ago and instead of replacing the door, the management said packing tape would do the trick.


Kinda reminds me of The Ring, when the whole ceiling turned black with evil spirits. This time, it's mold.



Here's a nice one. As I stood in line for 40 minutes, I noticed this bag, no owner, just sitting there unattended. When I left to board after an hour, it was still there. Seriously, airport police should have the dogs sniffing this one out 5 minutes of being left behind. I informed an airport security staff and all he said was, "Ah, ok lang yan!" (Oh, that's ok). 5 days later, Glorietta (a mall in the city) was bombed.

A trash can right in the center of the airport.

The toilet lock. Need I say more?


Lastly, if I were Cory Aquino or any of her children, I would hate to have my husband or father's name used for an airport as filthy as this one. Even if I flew First Class, this is what I would see checking in. Doesn't seem right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Heathrow:)