Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Belated Bday Gift!


My favorite bar in the Philippines, Martinis at the Mandarin Oriental, was the place to be last night. After shopping and dinner with friends Stephanie and Sharon Chong, we headed towards the only night spot that I feel most comfortable in. It was crowded, as usual, but luckily, Javi was able to get us a lounge. Salamat Javi! He's really a sweetheart.

Anyway, I was once promised by my friend, Resident Manager of MO, Knuth Kiefer that as my bday gift, he would give me a couple of glasses of martini. Little did I know that he was going to be the one to prepare it himself. Upon seeing me, he stood up, took off his coat and proceeded to go behind the bar to do something that apparently, he does very well. Take note, his concoction is not available in the menu.

I am not sure what he put in my drink but it was sooooo delicious that of course, if you know me, I gulped it down like it was water. My second drink was sent over to our table and it was another mix of something equally marvelous. This time, I took my time and enjoyed it fully.

By the time I was on my last sip, my face was hot and I knew it was time to go home. :) Even if it was a short night out, (it was Wednesday after all), I had a super time with good friends, perfect ambiance, free drinks and a great guy who prepared and had given it to me.










Cheers to you Knuth and Belated happy birthday to me!



http://www.mandarinoriental.com/
http://www.mandarinoriental.com/manila/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a nice of you to get free drinks! But some of us will be paying to stay there. Jut joking I guess the manager likes Filipinas otherwise he would not be working in Manila. Lucky bald headed guy.