Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Beauty of Dubai.

It wouldn't be fair if I write only about the bad side of Dubai because there are also some good points to this dessert of a country. What amazed me is how much money rolls into this place to make it as one of the fastest progressing cities in the world. Huge mega structures, infrastructure, dozen new hotels to be opened in the next few years, a Dubailand (Disneyland kind of theme park) and malls are sprouting like weeds in this place.

Apart from the only thing to do in Dubai which is hotel hopping, mom and I visited 3 malls.

The Wafi Mall. Philippines' version of Shangri-la Mall.





Mercato Mall. Beautiful Venezian theme mall that's small and has only a few expensive shops. Our version of The Power Plant Mall in Rockwell.




Souk Madinat Jumeirah, to me is the winner of all malls. Although there were still quite a few that I didn't get to go to, this one obviously stood out because of the way it was built. It also has an amazing view of the Burj Al Arab.








Burj at night.

Your bloggerina in Dubai.


It's not cheap to shop in Dubai. I think the best place to shop is still in Singapore, Bangkok and Manila.

No comments: