Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Gotta Love Hong Kong!



Now now, to my Flipper readers who have been to Hong Kong at least a hundred times, you must be thinking, why blog about the country? I guess Hong Kong, amazing as it is, has become just another city that we can go to in a spur of the moment. It actually takes a shorter time to go to HK than my ride from Makati back to the house in QC, but you know, I do have readers from other continents who have not stepped foot in Asia and this just might persuade them to come and see what we have to offer. So don't be so snobbish, as this blog is dedicated to the whiteys who still need to be Asianified.

The moment you step out of the aircraft, Chep Lap Kok (Hong Kong International Airport) already takes your breath away with its amazing structures and modern design. The efficiency and orderliness makes me feel so cheated with NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport). The airport officials in the immigration department are strict but quick and lining up is not as tiresome as it is here. It saddens me that here in Manila, you need VIP access or know people in high places to get good service. If you don't have both, all I can say is, may the force be with you. I know that I shouldn't be badmouthing the Philippines, especially since I am convincing my friends to come and visit this part of the world but sometimes, I just can't help it.

Anyway, the following photos are of the airport, and the very little of HK sights that I was able to go to. Was only there for 2 days and most of my time was spent inside the Convention Center. Next time I go, I promise to take more interesting photos but you have to admit, these are pretty cool pics, so, enjoy!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gotta love candy