Sunday, March 29, 2009

Martinis Turns Two!



This bar holds a very special place in my liver. If you can recall, Mandarin Oriental opened Martinis with a jewelry show that I produced AND directed. It was fun and exciting and something that I will never forget.



Last Saturday, Martinis celebrated its 2nd birthday with a party where the bars were open from 8 - 11 pm. The theme was Studio 54 so all the servers got rid of their wigs and wore full on Austin Powers costume. It was fun and a nice change. Seriously, I think they should ditch the wig and try another look.



The wigless waitresses would pass around martini infused cocktail foods in glasses. Some were good but some were total disasters (the salmon dipped in sake, margarita style almost made me puke!). We decided to order safe bar chows.


A live jazz band did their stuff but I would have preferred music to coincide with the theme. Would have been more fun I think.


My dates.



Thank you to Charisse Chuidian for the invitation and for taking time out to sit with us.


Since the crowd was totally new to me, I didn't see any of my friends, I decided to head on home before my 3rd glass of lychee martini hits me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so you didn't stay till "midnite hot"? what a mistake:)