Monday, March 30, 2009

Another Reason to Eat.

My JOY LUCK CLUB did it again.

Mary Ann is going to leave for 2 months and we decided to throw her a farewell dinner party. I think it is just a ploy to make Minena cook and for us to stuff ourselves once again. I mean, Mary Ann will be back in two months so it's not like she REALLY needed a dinner party to see her off.

FOOD, this is what binds this group together like a fly to a flypaper. The first dinner together has now grown to almost a hundred times and pounds.

Minena, I have never tasted a better paella before. I am not saying just because you are my friend...or because you gave me 2 cakes last week....or because you always host our dinners at your place....IT REALLY WAS THE BEST. If you are asking me what makes it the best? I can tell you exactly what makes it just that....

1. The sizes of those darn prawns! I suppose you used the freshest and big ass shrimps because you are cooking for your own consumption as well..and I believe that you owe yourself only the best things in life.

2. The chorizo....darn, I would have been happy with just that and the rice.

3. The moist texture of the dish. It was still a bit sticky in the inside but was so well cooked that the flavor of each ingredient just pops in your mouth and then WHAM BAM thank you MAM, pure ecstasy!



The barbeque ribs were made by Gary Jamora! This gang is just calorie deadly, I tell you! To those who know me, you all know how I love barbeque ribs. It is the main reason that I cannot turn vegetarian. But the ribs that Gary prepared, on my gosh...the tenderness, the tangy flavor, the sauce even! Wow....simply...wow.

To you my readers, if you are not salivating by now or hear the grumble in your tummy, then you are not human.



AND because Christine thought that these 2 dishes are not enough, she HAD to buy delicious beef noodle soup from Ling Nam! Just the perfect appetizer to warm up the stomach for the dishes above. Sigh.....


And now, for the most evil part of a dining experience. The cakes. You probably will think that I am exaggerating when I tell you that the Strawberry Shortcake is one of the best cakes I have ever had, no offense to Cheffie, but even HE liked it! I am so totally not sharing the leftovers of that to anyone.. meaning just Cheffie and myself.

The chocolate mouse was w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l. That's all I will say about that because you might think that I am sucking up to you already.



Those who came, conquered and gained weight.





Thank you guys for the unforgettable evening and Pat for the use of your house.

And to you, Mary Ann and Alex....please let us know one week before your arrival here in Manila so that we can prepare another Joy Luck welcoming party which is really just another excuse to eat.

1 comment:

mary ann di said...

thanks cands for blogging about that wonderful dinner. I agree... that was just our excuse to eat.haha!