Monday, August 18, 2008

Kanin Clubbing.



It was early when we arrived, 11 am or so, but there were people there already. I didn't like much our waitress. She was not helpful with recommendations and found her to be quite snobbish. When our food arrived, I was glad that all that we had ordered were quite delicious and well presented. Perhaps though, that restaurants should get real when they say that one dish is for 2 to 3 people when we really know is it just good for 1. The portions are a bit small, tiny if I eat with my brothers!

As soon as we were done, there was a long cue for tables. Not sure if they take reservations but I think it is best to come early for guaranteed seats.



Sinigang rice, which I heard is their specialty is very interesting. Served dry, the ingredients are on top of the sinigang flavored rice. The vegetables deep fried in tempura batter. No need for patis (fish sauce).







The bad news. Taba ng talangka rice. (Crab fat rice) Didn't really get to taste the flavor but the real bad thing about it is my yaya found a nail in it!

I can already see it, the cook cutting his nails over the rice....."Just one more nail and then it's time to cook."

Calling owner of Kanin Club, perhaps it's time to remind the cooks of sanitary conduct.


Will I return even after this nail incident? Even if we were not offered free dessert or complimentary dish to replace it?

Yes, I think my dad would like it so a comeback is very possible but will surely be extra careful.

No comments: