Saturday, August 11, 2007

Spooning at CUILLERE.

Another restaurant that's worth being Candified about is CUILLERE. Last night, my good friend, Celia and I had dinner at a friends' newly opened French restaurant in Serendra. Before anything else, let me just say that if you haven't eaten here yet, make your reservations right now because it gets so full! Even at 10:30 pm, people still kept coming to dine here.




For those who do not understand my title, it is not naughty as you might think it is. CUILLERE, the restaurant's name of Katrina Arce Kuhn and Arlene Arce is SPOON in French and spooning up the food was definitely something that I enjoyed doing.Chef Katrina holds a Gande diplome de Cuisine (and a Le Cordon Bleu diplome de) ET Patisserie from the Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Paris. This Filipino-Swiss chef has also previously worked at prestigious restaurants in France, including La Maison Blanche, Avenue Montaigne, Paris; La Caravelle Hotel and Restaurant, Corsica; and Restaurant Issautier *2 Michelin Stars*, Nice.

After so much hard work, headache and stress with the construction of her restaurant, her baby opened last June for all of us to enjoy and gain a few pounds from.

Because I want you to internalize how good the food was, I took 2 photos of each dish we ordered. I added a close up one so that you can imagine the flavors infused in each plate.

The crunchy and fresh bite of Salad Nicois....



The hot and most flavourful French Onion Soup....



The spicy, delicious and tender meat of Callos....



The juicy, melt-in-your-mouth Steak...



The oh so goodness of Chocolate Souffle with Almond Ice cream (made by Arce Dairy, of course!)



Loving this blackboard pillar where you can read some of what they offer made my mouth water even before I even got to check out the other dishes in the menu.


Will surely be back to try out the other concoctions of Katrina. A tummy full of thanks to Celia who treated me to this scrumptious dinner. Freeloader strikes again! (hihihi)

CUILLERE, Serenda
Arlene Arce -Manager
Katrina Arce-Chef
(632) 9167394

www.cuillere.com.ph
www.cordonbleu.net

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that cheese on the salade nicoise? Quelle horreur ... looks nice otherwise, though

Candifier said...

The food we ordered was good..although I still have so much to try...when I go back, I will let you know how the others fair.

Anonymous said...

how much is the steak?

Candifier said...

The steak is P495.00 (plus tax and service charge) or US$10.70. Not bad right?

Anonymous said...

just had dinner here last night.. forgot to order the steak...