Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Dying Best Friend...

She's only 4 years old. She has been with me for the most crucial times of my life. She helps me with my love life, my need for emotional release. She is there to witness my laughter and achievements, the happy times in my life. Yet she is also there during my great moments of sadness, the numerous tears that fell from my eyes. She has seen it all.

Great loads of memory, she kept for me. I even travelled half across the planet with her. To Switzerland, France, Italy, Austria, Amsterdam, Bangkok, Hong Kong and U.S.A. She knows EVERYTHING about me.

And now, I think she is cracking up. She's slowly leaving me, she's dying..OOOOHHHH THE PAIN of losing someone so dear to me is unbearable.

But I am to blame. I didn't take good care of her. One time, I spilled Coke all over her. She was sent to the hospital. I never dropped her but I guess it's all that traveling around. She got tired of being thrown in the car, the plane, being passed from one hand to another. She's filthy and no amount of scrubbing can erase the scars that she got from all these years. I abused her. It's all my fault.

I know that I can replace her but it's the getting to know someone all over again part that's difficult for me. I know her so well already and she knows me. She's even starting to lose her own memory. Erased a lot of my photos in her memory bank. It's just all too sad....What's a girl like me to do?












Soon, I know that I have to lay her to rest. To give her up, forget her and move on. Until then, I hope that she remains good to me. Sniff sniff....

www.apple.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great article! and how can you abuse your laptop like that!

Unknown said...

hahahaha!!! good one candy. yes. 4 years is too long a time to hold on to a laptop. but mine (PC-based) was not chipped and conked out because of a virus. gave it to my techie nephew and he restored it.

Anonymous said...

As you can see, i'm more relaxed after that weeks' long renovation and have time to enjoy your blog. Honestly, if that was my laptop, you know that after 4 years, it would still look brand new, hmmm smells new...you're too much ...abuser! A nice one!! New Yorker

Anonymous said...

Fours years is a good run, it's time. :p