Sunday, June 1, 2008

Exquisite Dining in Dusit!

Last Saturday, I had lunch with my Yap family at the Dusit. I have heard a lot about the new look of this hotel and that they are having all sorts of interesting promotions.

Lunch was at UMU, the Japanese restaurant. As I entered, I could not help but admire the decor! The upholstery of the chairs were really pretty and the lighting was even well thought of. Paolo Quimson, Maitre D' Hotel, explained to me that the place was to look like a Japanese market. I have never seen a market this beautiful but hey, it did remind me of one, so that means they got what they wanted.





In all buffets, there are of course, stations. In this case though, stations are a bit far apart which makes dining somewhat of an adventure. It gives the diner a good reason to walk around, explore and enjoy the interior while getting his fill of really good food. Try the teppanyaki! The meat is so tender and juicy that I cannot stop thinking about it.





But being spoiled that I am... there are times when I would just tell the waiter to get me my food and I was so pleased that they served us with enthusiasm and always with a smile. Service was A+ and add to that the great food and the hot Maitre D', you get a winning restaurant which I am definitely going to come back to.





They have a Happy Hour promotion for all the AA members out there. 5:30 to 7:30 pm, P750++ for an all you can drink Sake and Beer inclusive of a buffet of appetizers! Beats any Buy One-Take One promo if you ask me.

This Sunday, the hotel is going to add a good 5 inches to your waistline as they open all the restaurant outlets to food lovers. Pay a one time fee of P1,450 (inclusive of all taxes) and you can eat your cold soba in UMU (Japanese) then eat a slice of pizza in TOSCA (Italian) after which, you can try the Pad Thai in BENJARONG (Thai) and have your dessert in BASIX at the lobby. Of course, this will require you to go around the hotel to visit the different outlets but it might be fun, especially if you go with fellow food lovers.




On going promo until July 11 is the 32% discount on all the restaurants, bakery and spa/gym. Although the 32% discount will not be applicable to this Sunday's 5-inch on your waist program, any other day of the week is a great deal for you to avail of!



When it is not so hot or raining hard, eating out by the lanai can be very romantic and refreshing. Especially with the sound of a mini waterfall nearby.







So I say, book your reservations now...I mean NOW and hope to see you there this Sunday!

Dusit Hotel
Ayala Center, 1223 Makati City
Metro Manila
(632)8673333
foodbevmnl@dusit.com
www.dusit.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Wouldn't have known about this place if not for you. Your blog is always entertaining and full of useful information. Keep it up!

Candifier said...

Aww, thanks so much! I love comments like these. Makes me feel useful in this world. (Bwa ha ha)

Anonymous said...

Such a refreshing blog! Thanks for the entertainment but I lost a full day of work because I couldn't stop reading. Keep it up! I am Candified!

fcb said...

cool blog. entertainment and where-to-go rich! :)

anne told me to check your blog out the first time for that ibrief post. haha!

Candifier said...

Maraming Salamat! I am touched that ALL my readers, yes the 3 of you, find my blog interesting. I will try to keep you entertained even if I have to post real coke addicts in my blog. Watch out for that! Super duper eye opener! :)

Anonymous said...

great post... thanks for the info.. lets have a food trip sometime:)
i love tosca

Candifier said...

Sure thing Sakai! Your treat? Hihihi.

:-) said...

make that 4 readers! LOL!

Love you blog

fcb said...

hey..i'll link your site up to my blog, ya?

thanks! :D

Candifier said...

Surely! I like your blog. :)