Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok.

This is my 6th airport I have been in a span of 3 months and I must say that it is the best so far. It sort of reminds me of Hong Kong but in a way, Bangkok integrated more of its culture in its interior decoration. One great thing I noticed about it is that there is no need to repaint any of the walls or ceiling because it is all made out of virgin cement which is actually quite smart and not at all bad looking.

It is tourist friendly enough and very organized in such a way that even the immigration department is spread out according to where your baggage is to be claimed.

A truly magnificent structure but hey, that reminds me, doesn't the Philippines have a brand new airport somewhere? Ohhh yeah, it's called NAIA 2. I guess the government would like to keep it brand new so it refuses to open it and prefers that we use the old crappy one where the ceiling has mold growing on it. Lovely!












No comments: