Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Beauty of Thanksgiving.



Thanksgiving is usually not a holiday that is celebrated here in the Philippines although in my family, it is a good excuse to have family over to eat, and eat a lot. This year, my Auntie Evelyn prepared the best turkey in the world. Okay, I might be exxagerating since I have not tried the turkey anywhere else except the US. Anyway, turkey is my friend. It was moist and tender and so much more healthy than lechon (roasted pig).













With regards to the decor and making the house look good enough for a Town and Country feature story (hint hint to Tara Santos and Mia Borromeo, hihihi), my mother takes all the credit. She just came back from South of France and feels like she should create our humble abode to have a European feel to it.

This house has lasted about 50 wild parties that I held when I was a teenager but it still looks magnificent and I am glad that this is what I call home.














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty impressive decoration indeed - some of the pix seem to be broken though, at least for me - and where are the pix of your teenager parties?

Candifier said...

Haha, teenage parties? I must have had my hair teased and hair sprayed to the max. Let's just stick to the turkey pic. ;)

twolawyers said...

and i wasn't invited to this sumptuous feast because?

Anonymous said...

But I thought lechon was the other white meat....?

Candifier said...

Dont get me wrong, I am all for white meat! Hihihi.