Sunday, July 8, 2007

Cris R. wears a Kamiseta in Old Manila!



A dinner I am not likely to forget happened at 7:00 pm on 07-07-07. Cris R invited very close family and a handful of friends as she celebrated her birthday at Old Manila. As I entered the room, 800 dozens of red roses were beautifully arranged in the very intimate fine dining restaurant of The Peninsula Manila. Candles were lit and the table set up was breathtaking. All thanks to the very able hands of Zenas Pineda, event stylist. She made sure that the celebrant and guests were surrounded by utmost beauty and opulence.


Stephanie Chong, Events Manager of Peninsula and Mitch Zepeda, Outlet Manager of Old Manila took care of the menu, service and set up of the whole event. They went through a lot of obstacles to make the evening a success but as expected, it was pure perfection. The food was extremely delicious, the waiters were very attentive and even Executive Chef Adam Mathis was around to make sure that everything was in order. Bravo Peninsula!



Celebrity stylist, Eric Pe Benito coordinated everything from the celebrants hair and make up, hiring Zenas, the surprise performers and the ordering of the birthday cake from no other than Penk Ching. A job well done. Below is a photo of Eric with hair stylist Roman, who did Cris' hair in a tight bun to show off her natural beauty and flawless skin but most especially the dangling earrings that Jul B. Dizon Jewellery made especially for her. She completed her stunning look with a red off the shoulder t-shirt and long ruffled white skirt from wherelse, Kamiseta. She was a sight to behold and I am sure that everyone in the room felt the same way, especially hubby Gunn who could not stop looking at his wifey.


After the scrumptious dinner, we all headed down to Garcia-Villa function room for a surprise Eric had prepared for Cris' guests. Once again, Zenas dressed the room up with fresh red roses and white painted twig trees with blue lights illuminating them. The dessert was served here and if you know me, this is what I believe heaven looks like. Two huge tables of nothing but sweet goodness that makes me have a sugar rush just by looking. I was good though....only had a small cup of pannacotta topped with fresh and sweet mangoes and chocolate shavings. Seriously, can you blame me?


Tenor Nolyn Cabahug and soprano Rachel Gerodias serenaded us with songs from Broadway. Their powerful voices left such an impact in me that I had dreamt about being an opera singer that same night. Although in my dream, I only had one audience. It was my nanny who was in a hurry to get out because she has to do my laundry. Great, so much for my singing career.


The very beautiful daughter of Cris, Alex was looking very chic in her red and white stripped t-shirt dress. Watch out guys, this cutie will surely cause many ouchy hearts.


Happy Birthday to you Cris. Thank you for allowing me to become part of your life. Your friendship means a whole lot to me and I hope it is one that will last for the rest of our lives.

By the way..... Eric gave me some of your flower arrangements to put in my store's window. This was after we were informed that the hotel would dispose all the flowers that same night. I just couldn't bear the thought of throwing away such beauty. Hihihi..hope you don't mind.



The Peninsula Manila
(632) 8123456

No comments: