Sunday, July 13, 2008

FACETS, the Designers.

The men is to production as women is to design.

We have our own style in design as you may all know. When we are asked to design something big and flowery, we usually leave it up to my mom, Jul Dizon to create something with this theme. In her collection, she may just have 8 items but all her pieces are formal and diamond filled. Meaning, they are the utmost precious pieces in terms of value and size. Something that you hand down from generation to generation because they are simply unforgettable and priceless. The two lovebirds that head the company, my daddy and mommy. How proud I am of them.


Janina is more of classic and stylish. Transforming from one look to another in matter of minutes. A lot of components that will leave you to play with your imagination as to how you want your earrings to look like. One element may be used for another which will give you a totally different item to wear. It is fun, creative and simply amazing. Very reasonably priced too.


My sister-in-law, Ginny has a certain way of designing her pieces. Firstly, she prefers to use precious stones/materials that are rare and quite expensive. Kunzite, Tanzanite, Paraiba and rough milky diamonds are some of the gems that she used in her collection. She modernized the look of the Philippine tamborine and how well she did it too that most of them are already sold, 6 days after the event. Her designs are modern, special and unique. Much like her personality. Here she is with her vignette stylist, Teresa Magcase.


She is quiet, shy and reserved but when you know the real Lucille, she unleashes a fun, vocal and talented person. Her being half Chinese made her choose to design all Oriental pieces. How detailed she was when designing her collection. Her demand for intricacy made it a little difficult for the boys to make but nothing that they couldn't handle. The use of jade is very visible in her items and I have to say this again, most are already sold. Bravo to my baby sister and her cousin, Anne, who stood by her through thick and thin.


As for your bloggerina, I decided to let my character show through my collection. I even entitled it WHIMSICAL because I believe that this is what my life has been for a long long time. My ups and downs with my love life, parties left and right, my events and groups of friends has made my family believe that I am all about being FUN. But honestly, I am just a simple girl who likes to be happy, but don't we all? Anyway, I captured things that I normally see around me, made a miniature version and put gems, diamonds and gold on it. Simple as that. Colors and Happiness is what's behind my collection. Here's me and my event stylist who has an endless supply of bright colors, Jun Jun Ablaza.


And yes, I was wearing a tiara. I told you I am a princess....

No comments: