Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bb. Pilipinas 2008.

When Charlene Gonzalez Muhlach asked Jul B. DIzon Jewellery to bejewel her for the Bb. Pilipinas Pageant, I agreed because I know that she can carry our pieces well and hopefully get to meet Aga Muhlach who was a big part of my childhood. Of course, I was one of those teenagers who must have watched Bagets 2 million times and almost believed that Aga really was my boyfriend.

Anyway, unfortunately, he wasn't around when I went to Araneta Coliseum for the pageant. But I did get to meet Fanny Serrano, who did Charlene's hair and make up and discovered this lipgloss that has a built in light and mirror so when you apply it in the dark, you can still see your lips. It was awesome and at a cheap price of P300++, I have to get me some as soon as I can get to a Watsons store.


Now, the reason I decided to blog about this is because of two things. First, in all honesty, I was sort of disappointed about the whole thing losing its prestige and glamour. I was all prepared to be wowed and be a part of something so big and classy. Guess I did not notice how this pageant has lost it's touch since I have not watched any beauty pageants for maybe 10 years or more. So, basically, when I learned of the prizes of the winners, I was stunned at how, excuse my choice of word, cheap it was and not at all luxurious as I thought it was.



From what I can recall, the prizes are the ff:

1. A gift certificate from Natasha. Okay, Natasha? Seriously? Hmm...
2. Gift certificate from Cumbia. Another hmmm...
3. Speech lessons. Obviously very much needed by the winner, but shouldn't she already know how to speak well before entering the pageant?
4. And cash. Always a good thing.

Anyway, the production was not bad, a lot of dancers and props and eye candy for the men (specially the bikini portion) but one thing that amazed me was the supporters of the contenders. They were really giving it their all and it was entertaining to see how much effort and throat power these people have to show their support.

Since it was a live but delayed telecast, the commercials made it run too long and before it ended, I decided to go home and catch up on Grey's Anatomy. (I know, I should really move on to Gossip Girl, but somehow, Mc Steamy still has me coming back for more.)

Getting back to the story, I was only told of who the winner was the next morning and about 10 emails asking me to watch the interview on YouTube. After the clip ended, I was speechless, which is something that Janina San Miguel should have stayed during the question-answer portion. I posted the link, you be the judge because if I was the judge, I would probably choose another Bb. Pilipinas.

The host, Paolo Bediones.


One of the co-hosts, Precious Lara Quigaman


Charlene Gonzalez-Muhlach and your blogerrina.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKwmseoKFCo

2 comments:

anonymous paul said...

at least it was "entertaining" in so many other ways. an English major's field day.....

Anonymous said...

i think that photo of Aga was photoshopped..