Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Cafe Juanita Experience.

I know, I know....it has been forever since my last entry but I will try to make up for it by getting rid of all the backlog I have. It is tough when one does not have a computer but come Wednesday, I will be a mother of a new IMac...I opted for a desktop so that I can sleep better at night. Having had a laptop for more than 5 years, I think that I lost a whole year of zzz's put together.

Anyway, I had a very nice dinner with the Kauffman's, Syjuco's, Hoschka's and Salientes last week at Cafe Juanita in Mandaluyong City. As soon as we entered the restaurant, it felt like the land of the whiteys. They were all over the place. Hardly any Flippers or Chinese dining there which surprised me because it is a hole in a wall kinda cafe and it wasn't very easy to find either. It is a cafe/bar/restaurant/furniture place all in one. Very interesting chandeliers, decoration and collection of plates and silverware. It was full to the brim and our group of nine had to squeeze in a table for 6 while we waited for the people to vacate our territory. When we were given a table for 12, we were so far apart that we all decided that we want to test each other's deodorant and snuggle up in our table for 6. We didn't mind so much as it felt cozier and besides, it would be the perfect way for me to taste everyone's order without having to look like a beggar.

The place.











The gang, starting with your bloggerina and Philipp.

Paul and soon to be Daphne Syjuco with T. Hoschka.
Janina Hoschka, Mai and David Kauffman.

Because we were so close to each other, David couldn't help himself and threw a glass of red wine on Janina's black and white dress. He says it was an accident but I personally believe that it is all the pent up anger David feels for Janina's abusive treatment he has been receiving all these years. Go David Go!!!Michael Salientes who had all sorts of juicy chika to share that evening.
The Hoschka brothers, as predicted, ordered the same thing. Seabass.
Corned Beef with vegies.

Beef Rendang .
Binagoongang Pork Liempo.
3-way Adobo.
Grilled squid. Lastly, with all the wine throwing, gossip sharing and bill splitting, I forgot to get the details of Cafe Juanita. Will update this as soon as I get it.

No comments: