Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lock and Key Match Party!


Event: EVOLUTION
Date: Sept. 20, 2007, 7 pm
Venue: NBC Tent, Fort Bonifacio
Organizers: Shu Eumura, Globe Platinum and Motorola

Upon entry, half of the guests are given a small key and the other half, a padlock. It's up to you to circulate and find your match and when you do, both of you win a cellphone. A pretty good concept especially when it was still a bit early and only a small crowd was around but when it got late, there were about 300 people and you can see all the guests working the crowd talking to strangers to see if they are lucky. It got pretty tiring after a while. My gang and I simply gave up.

For entertainment, there was a 20 man orchestra that played one song (Diamonds are Forever) performed by a singer and surprisingly a DJ to give it an upbeat touch to it. A very cool commercial came on for Motorola which garnered applause from the party people. After, there were about 20 dancers who did their thing on the stage, balloon popping for prizes and then back to eating Japanese cocktail food (Zen) and trying out each and every padlock or key one can find.

Although it was fun and a good way to meet people, I personally believe that it was rigged. I bumped into 5 socialites and 3 of them had found their match. Sounds a bit too fishy for me. But then again, you know how these things are in the fashion and cellphone industry. Am I sounding a bit bitter that I didn't win? Hihihi, perhaps I am.


David Kauffman with super cool "shadey" necklace.

Always fresh and beautiful, Leah Puyat.

PQ, your bloggerina, Mia Borromeo and Rorie Carlos.

All smiles, Wesley Villarica and I.

My soul sistah, PQ.

Wearing a very dramatic silk, satin and wool with silk screen by Aj Omandac dress that's inspired by Japanese warriors.

Good friend from Puerto Rico, Ray Serrano.

Srdjan Mendoza exerted all efforts to find his match but to no luck.

No comments: