Thursday, June 28, 2007

A tribute to my grandma.



Paz G. Banas
March 14, 1914 - June 28, 2007
Photographed by: Jaime Zobel de Ayala

You were once my one companion
You were all that mattered
You were once a friend and mother
Then my world was shattered

Wishing you were somehow here again
Wishing you were somehow near
Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed
Somehow you would be here

Wishing I could hear your voice again
Knowing that I never would
Dreaming of you won't help me to do
All that you dreamed I could

Passing bells and sculpted angels
Cold and monumental
Seem, for you the wrong companions
You were warm and gentle

Too many years, fighting back tears
Why cant the past just die

Wishing you were somehow here again
Knowing we must say goodbye
Time to forgive, Teach me to live
Give me the strength to try

No more memories, no more silent tears
No more gazing across the wasted years
Help me say goodbye.

Help me say goodbye.


-Andrew Lloyd Webber-

2 comments:

twolawyers said...

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain ,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die

Anonymous said...

GONE FROM MY SIGHT
by Henry Van Dyke

I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white
sails to the morning breeze and
starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until at length
she hangs like a speck and the sky come
to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says,
"There, she is gone!"

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull
and spar as she was when she left my
side, and she is just as able to bear her
load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her;
And just at the moment when someone
at my side says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the
glad shout:
"Here she comes!"