Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Seeing RED!

Some of my most favorite things in life are red. I don't know but for some reason, I am attracted to this color. Probably because it is bold, daring, hot and passionate, loud yet mysterious. Guess my attraction to red is based on my lack of all the qualities it possesses. Anyway, I thought that I would study it and look up the meaning to see why it is my favorite color. Who knows, I might find the answers to some uncertainties I have in life.

A HUE of my favorite things.
CHERRIES!!


Based on my extensive research in Google (hihi), red is the hottest of the warm colors, it is a stimulant. Studies show that red can have a physical effect, increasing the rate of respiration and raising blood pressure. It also means courage and power. Why do you think the carpet for VIP's is color red? The bloody red lipstick evokes sexiness and holds power over men like you can't imagine. Wear red when you want to stand out and get people's attention. It adds confidence and even a dash of danger. Rrrooaarr...

STRAWBERRIES!!


In Feng Shui, red belongs to the element of fire. Chinese consider the color as representing luck and happiness. Using red in decorating always signifies richness and luxury. If used too much, though, it can bring restlessness, bursts of anger and over stimulation. Better use it with caution, always easier to bring red in details and accessories, rather than on furnishings or wall color.

CHANEL SHOES!!


There are a few things to consider about this color though. Here are some of the points to take notice of:

Good red:
Red letter day - important or significant occasion
Red carpet treatment - make someone feel special, treat them as if they are celebrities
Roll out the red carpet - same as above
Paint the town red - celebrate, go out partying

Bad red:
Seeing red - to be angry
Red herring - something that deceives or distracts attention from the truth
In the red - being overdrawn at the bank or losing money
Red flag - denotes danger, warning, or an impending battle

ROSES!!


Well, I think I know all I want to know about red. I once read that you tend to like the color or hue of whatever your birthstone is. I think that that's how RED became mine. I am July born and this is my birthstone. I have one ring that's a ruby and I treasure it like more than any belongings that I have. Even more than my red car and my red cellphone...I could go on but I think you get the picture. I didn't find any answers to my uncertainties in life based on why I love this color. I guess I just like it so much because I look good in it (especially on the last three photos, hint hint!!)

RUBY!!


By the way, it is also written somewhere that you should wear your birthstone because it is supposed to give off some kind of power or protection. I use my ruby ring everyday and often wear red lipstick so if I should get caught by traffic enforcers, I use my charm, luck and red lips to give my sweetest smile. Believe me, it always gets me off the bloody hook.

RED FERRARI!!


BIRKIN!!


Birthstones:
January - Garnet (Maroon, Green, Dark Pink, Light Brown, Fiery Orange)
February - Amethyst (Purple)
March - Aquamarine (Light Blue)
April - Diamond (White)
May - Emerald (Green)
June - Pearl (White, Black or Golden)
July - Ruby (Red)
August - Peridot (Light Green)
September - Sapphire (Blue, Pink ,Yellow, Green)
October - Opal (White with rainbow speckles)
November - Topaz (Usually Yellow)
December - Turquoise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those Chanel shoes and the red Birkin!

Anonymous said...

hello candy! where can i buy original birkins here in the philippines?