Monday, April 30, 2007

My Crown Jewels at the Louvre, Paris.

In September last year, I was in Paris and the culture, art, history, wealth and everything else about it was just…intoxicating. The Louvre was of course part of my itinerary and my instincts led me to the Galerie d’Apollon, where the remaining Crown Jewels of France are showcased. I – who have lived my life in the world of jewelry - was rendered speechless, not because of the stunning beauty of the pieces, but because the Crown Jewels truly should belong to me since my adoring admirers often call me princess (yeah, you know who you are). I am telling you, those crowns would look spectacular on me. I know so.

The pictures say it all. I really hate the fact that my photos didn't come out clear though. But you try to take photos inside the Galerie where at the door it states, NO PHOTO TAKING ALLOWED. Visitors are again reminded by a sign right by the glass showcase: NO CAMERAS BEYOND THIS POINT. But did that stop me? And what was I supposed to do with my ever-handy and ever-ready camera? Throw it beyond the said point? Not this princess.
Of course not!!!! I was wearing lipstick that day. It was a daring move by yours truly but I just had to! ENJOY and wear a bib, you might just drool.


Blue sapphire and diamonds suite.

Crowns of diamonds and south sea pearls.

Brooch of all rose cut diamonds mounted in platinum.

Green emerald and diamonds crown and a starlike brooch of all diamonds of different shapes and sizes.

Multi colored crown with diamonds in yellow gold and a HUGE cushion cut diamond ring.

I totally say that I have nothing to say about these pieces. They are just too.....too....pretty, for lack of a better word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I know this post is old but I am amazed at how brave you are in taking these photos! I was just there last month and the guards practically followed me everywhere till I left the museum!!! GRRR.

Nice one!