Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Golden Globe Stackers.

As I was going through some photos of celebrities and their jewelry during the Golden Globe, I realized that a lot of them stacked their bracelets on top of one another. This usually creates an illusion of a wide cuff but in a playful way since the bracelets are moving more freely than a cuff. I usually like this idea but only when it is daywear. White t-shirt, jeans, nice shoes and stacked up bracelets. But personally, I would rather wear one bangle that is wide, solid and oh so studded with diamonds.

Here's what I mean about the stackables.







And here's what I mean about one magnificent bangle.



If YOU were invited to the Golden Globe Awards and will be seated next to the likes of Beyonce, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, what dress would you wear and what jewellery?

I shudder to think of the pressure that would have on me. Bwa ha ha ha!

4 comments:

JDHoschka said...

One ginormous cuff and Lanvin

Anonymous said...

I'll go for big beautiful rare gems. Maybe a big paraiba tourmaline or tsavorite garnet set off by diamonds in a ring and short dangling earrings.

Anonymous said...

I'll wear NOTHING. Let's see who gets the most double takes! ~VG

Anonymous said...

I don't need to go to the GG to look good, honey!

I do love the stackables/stackers effect though...

- PSL