Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mellie in Wonderland!

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

As you can see, nothing was spared to make this party a truly super duperly detailed ALICE in WONDERLAND theme birthday celebration. If you were there, you know exactly what I am talking about. The entrance alone instantly put a smile on my face because childhood memories of Alice's land of wonder came rushing back. Huge teapots, cups and saucers with large bird cages with real live birds inside. Guards dressed up as cards and all this was just the foyer. Once you enter the ballroom, it was shocking. I didn't know where to point my camera first.









The table was a large one, but the three were all crowded together at one corner of it: `No room! No room!' they cried out when they saw Alice coming. `There's PLENTY of room!' said Alice indignantly, and she sat down in a large arm-chair at one end of the table. 

The grandsons of the celebrant recited poems and played the violin (superbly) and Ballet Philippines performed for the very colorfully dressed guests. It was awesome how the friends of Mrs. Ablaza came wearing tiaras and ball gowns which looked straight from the Disney book.






`Do you mean that you think you can find out the answer to it?' said the March Hare.
`Exactly so,' said Alice.
`Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on.
`I do,' Alice hastily replied; `at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know.'
`Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. `You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'
`You might just as well say,' added the March Hare, `that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!'
`You might just as well say,' added the Dormouse, who seemed to be talking in his sleep, `that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'

The desserts were another story. I mean, nothing can ever beat this sugary buffet. Not even 5 star hotels. Displayed with such detail and thought, Jun Jun laid out the sweets perfectly and most attractively that even those on a diet (hint hint) could not resist grabbing a plateful. One minute, the table was overflowing, 20 minutes after, it was empty as if it were never there. The dinner was by Le Souffle. The desserts came from 3 different pastry chefs: Baba Ibaceta, Marta Matute, Carlo Estagle and last but not least, Audrey of Bizu. (Drool baby drool!)










The dancing began after the presentations and the cake blowing and about 30 Dance Instructors came out to boogie on down with the ladies and gents who wanted to show their dance floor moves. Even the DI's were thought of!






`Well, in out country,' said Alice, still panting a little, `you'd generally get to somewhere else -- if you ran very fast for a long time, as we've been doing.'
`A slow sort of country!' said the Queen. `Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!'

It was hard to leave the party because it was so much fun but of course, the party had to end and leaving the party was like leaving a true to life Wonderland. Happy Birthday Madame Mellie!




Your bloggerina and host, Johnny Litton.

To my favorite event stylist, A BIGGER THAN LIFE BRAVO to you White Rabbit! Keep on hopping!



Excerpts from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an astounding party!!! Wish I were invited! Loved the dessert buffet!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gotta get Mr. Ablaza to do event styling for my parties! Is he expensive?