Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Luxury of Knowing Puey.


When he was still a red, wrinkly, tiny fetus, God said, "Hmmm, pour extra Creative Juice on this Puey Quinones guy and make sure he makes full use of it when the time comes."

And that time was 1-17-08, when after months and months of sleepless nights and extreme stress, God saw the outcome of what he had given PQ. I cannot explain to you how proud I am of my soul sistah, who did an AMAZING job during his first ever gala show at the Rockwell Tent which was presented by MOTOROLA.

But before that, let me explain a little something about the event and the concept behind it. Puey obviously has a clientelle with BIG ASS names such as Boy Abunda, Ruffa Gutierrez, Cindy Yang, Jenni Epperson, Tim Yap, Divine Lee, Tingting Cojuangco, Lulu Tan Gan and KC Concepcion, among many others. But these people are the ones he chose to be his muses for his first major show. They were photographed by one of the best photographers in the country, Marc Nicdao and their images were blown up and situated by the entrance.

BIZU fed the friends and family who came to support PQ and overflowing of red and white wine by RENE BARBIER made my brother and his friends quite happy. Inside the tent, a CHANEL lounge was set up for those who are waiting for the show to begin. In the meantime, cool tracks were played by Director, Melvin Mojica while stylist, Michael Salientes, Emi Jorge and I were in the backstage dressing up the models with JUL B. DIZON JEWELLERY and shoes by SOLEA. PR Carmina Sanchez made sure that the guests were seated where they are supposed to and I am sure that was not an easy task with so many people who wanted to see the collection.

I have some observation about the show and as you know me, I will be honest about what I think even if it is about a show that I was involved in. I am not picking on faults but to share with you opinions of people who came that I happen to agree with.

Being that the show was all about being luxurious, I think that the gym bleachers were not proper for the theme. According to some guests, their butts hurt by the end of the show. If the invitation says that the attire is Couture Chic, climbing up the top bleachers with huge steps made it quite difficult. Since the tent is HUGE and the invitees ran into the hundreds, I think that the space should have been maximized to seat the guests who are the most important aspect of a show. There were some gift bags grabbing by some guests which made me argue with someone because they happen to grab MY gift bags by BIZZASA and gift certificates to PUEY QUINONES EYEWEAR. GRRR...

BUT I have to admit, that all in all, the event spelled out S-U-C-C-E-S-S to PQ, the people behind it and for the friends and family who were there to support one of the top fashion designers in our country today. If you were there, I am sure you saw clearly how talented PUEY QUINONES is. If you weren't there, and yes, I am referring to you Ingrid, (who was all dressed up for the evening, took a 5 minute nap on the couch and woke up when the show was over), I hope that the photos will make you feel as if you were.

Enjoy!

The Artist.

The backstage.

The look.

The Muses.











The Photographer, Marc Nicdao and his works.


The host, Joey Mead looking GORGEOUS in her PQ and JBDJ.

Some of the models.


THE FRIENDS:

Stephanie Chong and Alfie of The Peninsula Manila.
Carmina Sanchez.

Marivi Abueg, Stephanie Chong, Amina Aranaz, your bloggerina.

Helena Belmonte and Pia Campos.

Xeng Zulueta.
Early bird, Irene Araneta wearing her PQ.



Lucille Dizon shows us her JBDJ and her PQ get up with Janina Hoschka, also in PQ.


Amina Aranaz looking stunning in her Bohol tan and cream PQ dress.

Sarah Ross of Rouge (also in PQ) and her hubby, Reggie.

JDH, Michael Salientes, David and Mai Kauffman.


The fashion parade.










The Coverage.

The Sistahood.

Fooling around, Emi Jorge of SOLEA, Joel Nunez, my official photographer for this blog and yours truly.
At last, I say, when you have got as much talent and creativity as PQ has, gather up the people who love you and trust in you and show the world and yourself that life without great fashion is simply BADUY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! you really write well!

Unknown said...

give me your photographer's contact numbers! amazing photos!

The Bag Hag said...

LoL babe, sorry but I guess I'm already an old fogie for needing these little naps that actually turn out to be long ones :D

xx