Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Battle of the Buffets Part 3, The Peninsula Manila

And you thought I had forgotten? Nah, just needed some time before I could look and eat at another buffet place. If you are not a regular reader, let me update you real quick. A few months ago, I have decided to check out 5 hotels that offer buffet and compare them to one another and pick out the best in my opinion. The first two that I tried was Circles of Makati Shangri-la and Paseo Uno of Mandarin Oriental. For my third contender, it was at my second home, The Peninsula Manila.

It was a Friday so it was Seafood Buffet at the Lobby. Oysters, Lobsters, Mussels, Crabs and all of Nemo's friends were deliciously spread out. Roastbeef at the carving station and a tempura corner did some heavy damage on the so called diet that I was in. SEE-FOOD diet is more like it as I eat all the FOOD that I SEE!

The buffet gang was Steffie, Evan and I. It was a fully booked lobby but because we consider ourselves as VIPs in Pen, Steffie and I were able to get a table even without a much needed reservation. Soon as we step outside Pen, we are back to being nobodies. (Did I spell that right?)

Anyway, it was good. Actually, it was more than good. A bit heavy on the pocket but if you are a seafood lover, this is the buffet for you. I would recommend it to my family but if the Dizon's were to eat here, I am sure Peninsula would declare bankruptcy the very next day. The men in my clan would need to have the food replenished 3 times before they feel a little full.

Here are the photos and I say, it is worth the 3 inches on the waist.























The Peninsula Manila
www.peninsula.com.ph
(632) 8123456

To check out Battle of the Buffets Part One and Two, you may click on the following links.

candifier.blogspot.com/2007/06/battle-of-buffets-part-2-paseo.html

candifier.blogspot.com/2007/05/battle-of-buffets-part-1-circles.html

5 comments:

Unknown said...

reading this makes me want to scarf down a kilo of prawns...

candy, iknow you don't know me but i was hoping you could help me locate a good ol' friend... minena roxas (aka: minay, RX) i haven't seen this girl in ages and i have no way of getting in touch with her.

btw, my name is jay. if you could pass along my e-mail to her that'll be so cool.
detox100mg@yahoo.com

Candifier said...

sure thing jay! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I feel like eating seafood buffet tonight at the pen. Any chance you can put me on the VIP list for a table?

Candifier said...

you would have to leave me your name if you really plan to dine in the pen tonight. Also need to know how many you are. Always willing to help out fellow food lovers. :)

Candifier said...

by the way, it is hawaiin buffet tonight. April 19.