Sunday, May 27, 2007

Strolling along Solvang.

My little Danish village in California. Never been to Denmark but this place looks authentic enough. Founded in 1911 by a small group of Danish teachers. It became a city May 1, 1985 and has now a population of about 6,000.


The weather was perfect once again and the 2 hour drive didn't seem to be long because of the beautiful scenery along the way. We stopped briefly in a place called Summerland where there are small and quaint restaurant and shops where one can relax and enjoy the sun.


Solvang showcases horse drawn carriage, Danish pastry shops, a Hans Christian Andersen Park, gentle rolling hills, family bicycles, smorgaasbord, wineries, horse ranches and a windmill. Some shop owners even wear Danish costumes.


There's this place where all the food is only $1.00. Items like cheeseburger, BBQ chicken, noodles soup, icecream sundae, hickory burger steak, hawaiin cheeseburger, soda and icecream sandwich. Simply cheap and attractive especially for a city like this where most of the visitors are tourists.

What caught my eye was this really nice bed and breakfast place. It is small, only 4 bedrooms and they have this really sweet patio where you can just sit, have a cup of tea and watch the people shop and enjoy themselves.



I would definitely go to Solvang again but next time I do, I will make sure I have my European date with me (yeah, you know who you are).

Velkommen til Solvang!

No comments: