Wednesday, October 25, 2006

La Isla Bonita with the Chavez.



You have to be ready for an adventure like this. If you are a city guy/gal, perhaps you won't enjoy a trip to this island of no electricty. But let me tell you that I was amazed at how I was able to stay for 3 days and 2 nights in this very romantic hideaway without a honey. It was hard I tell you, but I got through it somehow.

First, I went with good friends. The Chavez' invited me to go with them and with their friends, we were all of 23 people and since they know the owner, Ann Saldana, we had the island all to ourselves. It was quiet, peaceful and most importantly, CLEAN!!!







Secondly, I was assigned my very own yaya (nanny) because Ann could tell that I am no backpacker. She was a little scary at first. But when she carried my bags to my room like it was made out of chicken feathers, I suddenly felt like she can protect me from all the evil spirits and insects that might harm me. She was strong and proved it by moving my bed around because it was too hot and placed it out in the balcony all by herself. Being spoiled that I am, I just stood, watched and almost applauded when she finally did it. The breeze helped me sleep better the second night. Of course one must be covered with insect repellant and a bottle of water at bedside before sleeping. Waking in the middle of the night is not fun because it is so dark out and you can hear all kinds of insects and reptiles lurking around.




Third, the comfort of food took away the necessity for a lover. We had heavy breakfast with all the favorite dishes Filipino can think of. Tocino, salted egg, omelette and salad and others that only my stomach can remember but all meals, including lunch and dinner are served with a huge, gigantic fresh fish. Thinking about it now makes me so angry that i didnt get to take photos so that I can show you exactly what I mean. If you are on a diet, skip this trip because you will be fed like there's no tomorrow.






Fourth, since the beach front is shallow, Ann has her own boat that will take you to deeper waters where you can just jump off the boat and swim wherever you wish. The boat is once again, CLEAN and has cushions that you can sunbathe on if you decide to stay on the boat instead. And until I lose all the flab in my tummy, for sure you wont get to see a picture of me sunbathing. HAHA....



And lastly, before I head out to the pool to get even more sun, I have to tell you again that the company is what mattered most. Annabelle, one of my best friends in the world made sure that i was welcome and was comfortable with her family and friends. I was a newcomer to this group but they surely didn't make me feel like I was. So thanks again Bel for making this city girl taste what it's like to be Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon, minus the lover and giving birth on the island.

No comments: